Click Here to Donate in Euros
HKI Europe: A Brief History
- Helen Keller International was founded in Paris in 1915 as "The British, French, Belgian Permanent Blind Relief War Fund" to help veterans blinded during World War I.
- In 1998, Helen Keller International Europe, an independent NGO licensed in France, was founded as an affiliate to Helen Keller International with the dual purpose of raising funds and visibility in Europe for HKI field programs. Helen Keller International and Helen Keller International Europe share the same mission, vision and values, and pool their human and financial resources toward achieving their common objectives.
- The HKI Europe Board of Directors is led by Howard C. Cohn, M.D.
- Alix de Nicolay, Managing Director
- Helene Wagner, Director of Development
- Lara Brouche, Executive and Development Assistant
Follow HKI Europe on Facebook!