Since 1998, the Asia Pacific Regional Office has provided:
- Technical oversight and support toward the design, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of programs being carried out by Country Offices in the region;
- Assistance in the production of technical and non-technical reports, papers, and other publications and information products; and
- Guidance and assistance on administrative and financial matters.
In addition to the assistance and support provided directly by regional staff, the Regional Office coordinates the accumulated experience and technical knowledge of key staff in the region to facilitate program development, and assist with the assessment of on-going programs. The combination of regional mobility and a strong in-country presence provides Helen Keller International with the unique ability to adapt rapidly to the continually changing needs of programs and priorities in the region.
Helen Keller International works in 8 countries in the Asia-Pacific Region, preventing blindness, reducing malnutrition, and improving maternal and child health.
Asia-Pacific Regional Contact Information and Staff
Helen Keller International – Asia-Pacific Regional Office
P.O. Box 168
Kingdom of Cambodia
Telephone: + 855-23-210851
Fax: + 855-23-210852
- Nancy J. Haselow, M.P.H. - Vice President and Regional Director
- John M. Deidrick - Deputy Regional Director for Asia Pacific
- Akoto Kwame Osei - Regional Nutrition Advisor
- Aminuzzaman Talukder - Regional Food Security Advisor
- Liwen Zhou – Regional Finance Advisor
- Recent News
- Haselow a pioneer in blindness prevention
- Helen Keller Joins Tsunami Relief Efforts
- Key Publications
- Homestead food production improved access to quality food, consumption and livelihood and reduced stigma among households of People Living with HIV/AIDS in Battambang Province of Cambodia
- Iron and folic acid supplements in pregnancy improve child survival in Indonesia
- Transforming gender relations in homestead food production in Bangladesh