Essential Nutrition ActionsEn Français
- ENA Communications and
Helen Keller International and John Snow, Inc (JSI) jointly spearheaded the development of a set of Essential Nutrition Actions (ENA) training materials, working closely with global nutrition experts from Africa and the United States. The most up-to-date versions of these communications and training resources (in English and French) are available from the CORE Group for all partners wishing to adapt them for use in their programs. The Core Group is a consortium of over 50 non-governmental organizations collaborating to advance child survival.
These ENA resources provide health workers and community volunteers with three guides: 1) a tested and refined booklet of key messages to guide counseling efforts; 2) training modules for health workers; and 3) training modules for community volunteers that cover the messages as well as the specific interpersonal communication skills needed to provide quality nutrition support to mothers and their children under two years of age. These proven field tools are recommended for use in countries that will be using the Scaling Up Nutrition (SUN) roadmap to roll out national nutrition strategies targeting the first 1,000 Days.
PDFs of the materials are also available by clicking the thumbnails below:
- Recent News
- "The Breast Milk Cure"
- "G8 must seize chance to tackle undernutrition"
- UNICEF Launches New Report on Child and Maternal Nutrition
- Key Publications
- Maternal, Infant and Young Child Nutrition Working Group: Using the Code of Marketing of Breast-milk Substitutes to Guide the Marketing of Complementary Foods to Protect Optimal Infant Feeding Practices.
- Scaling Up Nutrition: A Framework for Action
- Training Communities on Essential Nutrition Actions. Bulletin No. 04. April 2010.