Other ProgramsEn Français
What HKI Is Doing
Helen Keller International continually seeks to find effective, cost-efficient and strategic ways to further our mission. We are currently piloting a new program to help prevent blindness among diabetics (Diabetic Retinopathy Treatment) before it becomes a major public health problem, have layered our interventions to control diseases that are blinding, disabling or have a negative impact on nutritional health (Neglected Tropical Diseases), and have helped provide educational opportunities for children who are disabled (Opportunities for Vulnerable Children), a program which reflects our original mission.
- Program Locations
- Burkina Faso
- Democratic Republic of Congo
- Sierra Leone
- Recent News
- "Pursuing a Common Vision: Opportunities for Collaboration Between the Eye Health and Nutrition Sectors"
- "Much of the Blindness in Tanzania Can Be Prevented"
- Key Publications
- Integrating Community Ophthalmology into Comprehensive Eye Care In Vietnam
- Nutrition News for Africa: Assessment of Plasma Zinc Status of Senile Cataract and Non-Cataract Elderly Patients in Mid Western Nigeria - A Case Study of Edo and Delta States of Nigeria.
- Nutrition News for Africa: Integrating Vitamin A Supplementation into CDTI: The Experience of Helen Keller International and The Micronutrient Initiative.