Meet Our Experts
President and Chief Executive Officer
Home Base: HKI Global Headquarters
New York City, United States
- Participant, International Agency for the Prevention of Blindness Board and Annual Meetings, September 2014
- Participant, Clinton Global Initiative Annual Meeting, September 2014
- Panelist, Maternal, Newborn and Child Health Summit, Toronto, Canada
- Panelist,"How Can Agriculture and Nutrition Work Better Together?," World Food Programme, GAIN Partnership Council Meeting, Rome, Italy
- Participant, Micronutrient Forum, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Stanford Social Innovation Review webinar
- Henry H. Kravis Prize in Leadership Award Ceremony, Claremont McKenna College
- Meeting, International Agency for the Prevention of Blindness, Singapore
- Participant, Steering Committee Meeting,1,000 Days, Washington, DC, December 2013
- Participant, InterAction CEO Retreat, Washington, DC, December 2013
- Participant, GAIN Partnership Council Meeting, Washington, DC, December 2013
- Participant, IFPRI 2020 Strategic Advisory Council Meeting, Washington, DC
- Panelist, Innovate & Integrate: Multi-sectoral Approaches for Eliminating Intestinal Worms in Children, New York, NY, September 2013
- Author, Article, Seed to Stomach: Advancing Positive Nutrition Habits in Developing Nations, Zero Hunger Challenge
- Author, Article, The Nutrition for Growth Summit One Year Later: Big Plans Require Bigger Investment in Local Capacity, Huffington Post
- Author, Article, This Mother's Day, Let's Bring More Women to the Table Through Economic Empowerment, Huffington Post
- Author, Article, The True Cost of Poor Vision, Huffington Post
- Author, Article, A Future Grows in Rashida's Garden: Nuturing the Development Goal that Matters Most, Huffington Post
- Author, Article, A Special Birthday Wish for Helen Keller, Huffington Post
- Author, Op-Ed, Will a push to tackle malnutrition impact G8 leaders?, Global Post
- Member, Executive Committee of the Board of Directors, InterAction
- Member, Executive Committee of the Board of Trustees, International Agency for the Prevention of Blindness
- Founding Board Member, Association of Nutrition Services Agencies (ANSA)
Kathy speaks with Johnson & Johnson about Neglected Tropical Diseases. Watch the video!
Watch Kathy introduce HKI's programs and impact at the 2013 Spirit of Helen Keller Gala.
Kathy Spahn has served as President and Chief Executive Officer of HKI since March 2005. The reach and impact of the organization has more than doubled during her tenure. Prior to joining HKI, Ms. Spahn was President and Executive Director of ORBIS International, a global non-profit organization dedicated to the prevention and treatment of blindness in the developing world. As President and Executive Director, she provided overall direction and management for ORBIS International and its four affiliates, five country programs, and medical volunteer corps of 370. Prior to her work with ORBIS International, she was Executive Director of God’s Love We Deliver, a New York-based AIDS service organization dedicated to combating malnutrition and hunger among people living with HIV/AIDS.
Ms. Spahn served as Chair of the board of directors of InterAction from 2010 - 2013, and is now a member of the Board’s Executive Committee.She is also a member of the boards of directors of the International Agency for the Prevention of Blindness (IAPB) and The Bernadotte Foundation for Children’s Eyecare. She is a Founding Board member of both the North America chapter of IAPB and the Association of Nutrition Services Agencies (ANSA), and a founding partner of the Global Network for Neglected Tropical Disease Control. She also serves on the Partnership Council of GAIN and on the 2020 and Strategic Advisory Council of the International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
Want to connect with Kathy? Contact the HKI Media Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Photography courtesy of Jarreau Cross.